Friday, December 5, 2008

25 Random Things About Christmas

To celebrate the 25 days of Christmas, I thought I'd tell you 25 random things about my experience with my favorite Holyday.
  1. Wrapping paper or gift bags? I always try for wrapping paper and end up with gift bags



  2. Real tree or Artificial? Artificial that smells real, that would be perfect



  3. When do you put up the tree? The day before Thanksgiving (we just can't wait!) BTW Snoopy has got to be one of the best animated characters, ever. Go ahead, try to prove me wrong.



  4. When do you take the tree down? As soon as possible after Christmas, we get soooo sick of it, probably because it's up for 6 weeks.



  5. Do you like eggnog? Never tried it!



  6. Favorite gift received as a child? Two homemade dolls that my mom made for me



  7. Hardest person to buy for? Troy, he doesn't want me spending any money on him



  8. Easiest person to buy for? Jacob ("Oh, let's see dinosaurs or, umm, dinosaurs?)



  9. Do you have a nativity scene? Two, a cheap one I bought at Walmart that I really, really love, and a handmade wooden one that my parents brought back from Israel



  10. Mail or email Christmas cards? If I ever got around to it they would be mailed, oh and the best Christmas cards anyone has ever gotten. See how much I love you all?



  11. Worst Christmas gift you ever received? I plead the Fifth



  12. Favorite Christmas Movie? A Christmas Story ("Daddy's gonna kill Ralph-ie!)



  13. When do you start shopping for Christmas? As late as I possibly can, the stress makes the holiday so much more enjoyable!



  14. Have you ever recycled a Christmas present? No, but I recycled a water bottle once



  15. Favorite thing to eat at Christmas? My mom's divinity (I can't ever get it to set right), Orange Sticks, Fudge



  16. Lights on the tree? Blinking



  17. Favorite Christmas song? "Christmas Eve/Sarajevo 12/24" by Trans Siberian Orchestra (Da, da da dum, Da, da da dum)



  18. Travel at Christmas or stay home? Stay home. For days and days. A blizzard is good right then. Four feet. . . or more. I'm good with that.



  19. Favorite Christmas Memory? Troy saving all his pennies to buy me a Josh Groban cd and some orange sticks, even though we had agreed no presents since we couldn't afford it.



  20. Angel on the tree top or a star? Angel, a pretty gold one with feathery wings and long, sparkly ribbons



  21. Open the presents Christmas Eve or morning? All on Christmas morning, I love surprises



  22. Most annoying thing about this time of the year? Not enough time to do all the fun stuff I want to do



  23. Favorite ornament theme or color? Every year the kids make new ornaments for the tree. I love to reminisce when we get them out each year to hang on the tree.



  24. Favorite for Christmas dinner? Turkey with all the fixin's and rolls, rolls, rolls



  25. What do you want for Christmas this year? Nice brown leather boots and/or a clean house. Either one will do.

Oh, and here's for all those who feel the same as I do.




Merry Christmas!




No comments: